- Monday, September 14, 2009
- Lee Ann Jackson
It’s about protecting lives . . . whether it’s one or nineteen.
Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar recently announced that baby nineteen is on the way and as Brad Mattes shared recently on “Life Issues®,” they’ve received some less than enthusiastic response:
“Much of the reaction from over a thousand bloggers has been vicious. Keep in mind most of these individuals claim to be “pro-choice.” In other words, the decision of having children is a deeply personal one that should not be interfered with. It is these same liberators of personal choice that have blogged hateful and intolerant remarks about the Duggars, even though they “chose” to have numerous children.”
There are those who argue that the family is a financial burden on society, but as Brad shared, their house is debt-free and they are not looking for hand-outs.
Some question their ability to raise that many children and to help them grow into model citizens. As a mom of three, I appreciate the 5 parenting tips posted on the Duggar web site:
- Teach our children to love God with all of their heart, soul, mind and strength, and memorize God’s word together as a family.
- Teach them to have a servant’s heart, leading by your example. Love your neighbor as yourself.
- Daily read the Proverb of the Day that corresponds with the day of the month and discuss it as a family.
- Diligently keep up with each child’s attitudes and actions and ask what is going on in their heart. Pray with them one on one letting them lead in prayer and then you closing the prayer time together.
- Ask God to help you conquer anger because it can destroy your relationship with your children. Praise them ten times more than you correct them.
Life Issues® . . . it’s about the rights of women and the right of the unborn— whether it’s baby #1 or baby #19!Download Promo Pack File »