Is there anything good happening in Haiti?
Compassion International is ready to help stations answer this question for listeners through a number of new resources available for "Remember Haiti with Compassion" day on January 12.
Wess Stafford has said, "Haiti was home to one of the worst disasters of our time. Then the earthquake hit." As the anniversary of the devastating earthquake approaches, many will be wondering -- Is it even possible to rebuild a country so ravaged by disaster and poverty?
Plan now to be a part of a special day when Christian broadcasting pauses to share hope and encouragement for the work being done in Haiti. With Compassion, you can:
- Air spots from Compassion providing perspective on the year since the earthquake.
- Air interview segments of Dan Woolly, a Compassion International employee who was found alive in an elevator shaft at Hotel Montana in Haiti -- 60 hours after the earthquake brought the building down.
- Air day-of reports from Mission Network News' Greg Yoder who will be reporting live from Haiti on January 12th.
- Download talking points and scripts filled with up-to-date information about what Haiti looks like today in light of the earthquake, health concerns and political unrest.
- Share videos and website banner ads produced by Compassion at your website.
- Ask listeners to join Compassion in prayer for the children and families who still find themselves in so much need.
- Air (if you don't already) Speak Up With Compassion® -- the daily short feature from Compassion International -- that will focus on Haiti the week of January 10th.