Coming from a pastor's family, I'm all too familiar with the hectic life pastors and their families have. It's an on-call, 24 hours a day, emotionally charged, spiritually demanding, physically taxing job...but it has some of the best benefits that I've ever seen! When I think of pastors who are handling additional projects--I'm just amazed. And one of those incredible individuals is Jim Garlow.
This month alone has brought a whirlwind for the Garlows. Here's a little taste of what Jim has been doing:
- July 1-- Jim Garlow joined about 20 key pastors to meet with Glenn Beck. The following day, Jim and 5 other pastors were on the Glenn Beck Show. And, if you watched, you most likely saw Carol Garlow and several other women from "The Next Great Awakening" tour sitting front and center!
- July 4--Jim concluded "The Next Great Awakening" tour in Washington DC. The 10 day East Coast tour included a historical tour of Boston, New York, Philadelphia, and Washington DC. The group was joined by many prominent leaders and speakers, including Speaker Newt Gingrich and Governor Mike Huckabee.
- July 6--Carol Garlow became officially ordained. A long-time goal for Carol, when the cancer initially returned it was thought this may never happen. However, due to life experience the denomination waived the final courses for Carol. Webcasted live for Carol's parents to watch from Oklahoma City, this was an incredibly significant night in the Garlow household.
- July 12--Carol began chemo therapy to battle the return of cancer. Here's some of the background from Jim and Carol's time at MD Anderson Hospital in June.
- July 18--Skyline Church (where Jim is Senior Pastor) launched a brand new young adult service for 20 somethings called SKY94 (this addition is on top of the construction taking place to build a new worship center at Skyline. The new facility will also include a café, chapel, atrium and family room.
- July 19--Jim Garlow was on Fox New Network sharing insight on the controversy surrounding the building of the "Ground Zero" Mosque.
Looking ahead, this fall Jim Garlow as well as other Christian leaders will be joining believers in a 40-day commitment to prayer focusing on three specific concerns that our culture is facing today. We'll be keeping you up to date with the latest on this and ways you can engage your listeners to participate!
As you can see, it's been an incredibly busy time already this month. But without a doubt, as I'm sure you're aware, the most prominent part of this has been Carol's ongoing battle with cancer. This past week Jim provided an update sharing that Carol's CA-125 markers have continued to rise--going from 9 to 117. It's anticipated that the nine weeks of treatment should lower this number. However, the treatments are incredibly taxing on the body and it's uncertain how much Carol will be able to handle. It may mean they will need to miss about every third week of treatment. Please continue to pray for Jim and Carol as they face this journey--there's many decisions ahead and painful times. They remain confident in praying for a miracle...and would be grateful for you to join them in this through your prayers as well.
Bethany House Publishers recently asked Jim to write another book, titled Modern Day Miracles. His response to this shows their heart as they continue to fight against the cancer. Here's what he said:
"Isn't that cool? I will be writing and researching (from now to February) hundreds of accounts of miracles - right while Carol is beginning to experience hers!"
You can stay up to date with the latest on Carol (as well as getting all the other details of their activity) on Jim Garlow's Facebook. I know he'd enjoying hearing from you, so feel free to leave a comment on his wall while you're there!
Thanks for your partnership and prayers!
Ambassador: We Connect. Ministry and Media.
Download Promo Pack File »