Did you see Courageous this past weekend?
After hearing "FamilyLife Today's" interview with Alex and Stephen Kendrick (the movie's producers), my husband and I were eager to give it our support. We weren't alone. USA Today reported that Courageous grossed $8.8 million in its opening weekend at the box office, taking fifth place! That's an incredible showing for a faith-based movie (although you and I know, not impossible).
If you haven't yet seen it, I'd encourage you to do that soon ... and take your spouse with you. Not only does it challenge men to be godly fathers, it also has an important message for women too. FamilyLife has made available follow-up material, including 4/:60 PSAs from Dennis Rainey and resources for any man or woman eager to take the next step.
Speaking of which, that seems to be the focus of this month's FamilyLife broadcasts. Several men and women (including Barbara Rainey) share from their own life experience to help others with ...
- overcoming the disgrace of sexual abuse (airs 10/5-7)
- living a life with Christ and no regrets (airs 10/10-12)
- responding as Jesus did to the orphans and the widows (airs 10/13-14)
- getting our priorities right in marriage and enjoying the ordinary moments (airs 10/17-21)
- teaching our families about character qualities through real-life stories, including those found in the Old Testament (airs 10/24-28)
Enjoy the fall days ahead!
Download Promo Pack File »