For me, it's the little things. Like when my husband takes my hand and kisses it. No words are needed ... just that simple gesture ... and I feel loved.
A year ago this month, Dennis Rainey asked that same question of his friends on Facebook. As you can imagine, it generated a lot of comments. Here are just a few:
- "He doesn't stare at other women, but makes a point to look away and focus only on me, giving me a smile or a wink. This makes me feel like the most beautiful woman alive."
- "My wife writes a daily note sharing something she loves about me. She's been doing this for more than two years. We're geographically separated due to my military service...these notes have been a lifeline to keep me afloat in the deep end of life! Thanks, honey!"
- "The short version: Sherry and I divorced on the day of our 14th wedding anniversary, went to a Weekend to Remember® 2 months later, and then, (here's the romantic part) got remarried on the porch of the old home we are remodeling together. God is the great redeemer!"
It's likely some of your listeners are looking for ideas on how to romance their spouse this Valentine's Day. Consider sharing one or more these suggestions from FamilyLife:
1. Attend a Marriage Getaway:
2. Read 10 Ways to Romance Your Husband
3. Listen to FamilyLife Today's "10 Questions Every Husband Should Ask His Wife," airing February 10-11.
(There are plenty of other Valentine-themed programs airing this month so be sure to download the February promo pack now).
By the way, if you're attending NRB this year, be sure to mark your calendars for these two FamilyLife events on Monday, February 28, with Dennis Rainey and Bob Lepine:
- Open House: 11AM, Presidential Boardroom A
- Game Night: 9PM-11PM, Bayou E (Delta Mezzanine)
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Michelle Blood Ambassador: We Connect. Ministry & Media
Ambassador: We Connect. Ministry & Media
Download Promo Pack File »