The Mars rover Curiosity made its first test drive last week across the surface of the Martian planet. Although it was a short trip (about 10 feet forward), the rover sent pictures back to the NASA crew. While observing the rover's trip, the NASA crew's feet remained firmly planted on the ground the whole time.
The event brought to mind Colossians 3:2, "Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth." I would say the pictures from Mars gave the earthly crew a bit of a "heavenly" perspective!
This is a perspective that the team over at A Woman After God's Own Heart strives to maintain in all of their work. If you have visited the Elizabeth George website recently you will notice that it's gotten a complete overhaul! The goal to more clearly communicate: Live a life after God's own heart. This means we need a heavenly perspective, reminiscent of the one given to us in photographs from Curiosity, and is the only way we can live according to the calling of Colossians.
With the combined efforts of Jim and Elizabeth both on the radio and in any of their 70+ books, we are encouraged to strive for this mentality through a number of goals:
- Simplify life by focusing on God's priorities.
- Appreciate God's Word and apply it to everyday situations.
- Respond to circumstances with confidence by seeing yourself through God's loving eyes.
- Increase closeness in marriage by serving and honoring each other.
- Powerfully shape the hearts of children and teenagers.
- Enjoy greater intimacy with God.
What a calling! I am so thankful for the faithfulness in individuals like Jim and Elizabeth who daily remind me to maintain that "heavenly" perspective.
Serving with you,
Download Promo Pack File »